Now that we are well into winter it is important to remember safety while on the road during this long season. Here are a few quick tips to be prepared when unruly conditions hit:
See and Be Seen
- Remove all snow and ice from ALL areas of your vehicle. Your Windows, mirrors, roof and hood should be clear.
- If you need to exit pull off as far as you can and keep emergency flashers on if visibility is poor.
Have the Ability to Make a Call
- Keep an extra charger in your vehicle with your phone
- If you drive often in poor reception areas you may want to invest in a Citizens Band (CB) Radio
Pack The Following Items in Your Trunk
- Booster Cables
- Tow Chain
- Extra Clothing & Footwear
- Extra Washer Fluid
- Fuel Line Antifreeze
- Cloth/Paper Towel
- Candle and a Deep Can (This creates heat to warm your hands etc.)
- Sand or Kitty Litter (Will Give you traction in icy and snowy conditions)
Pack The Following Items Inside Your Vehicle
- Road Map
- Ice Brush/Scraper
- First Aid Kit
We don't always think we are going to encounter situations where will use these items, but being well prepared is a great way to ensure that you stay safe, warm, and ready to tackle any problems that may arise while travelling.
Keep posted for more great tips and news about our latest promotions and giveaways for Christmas!